We are now actively seeking our Business Manager.
The role requires a skilled, dedicated and solution-focused individual to support the operational running of the school whilst contributing to the strategic vision. We need someone who can call upon experience yet have the vision to see new ways of working and innovative solutions.
The Business Manager will be responsible for leading, managing and monitoring the development of high quality support for both pupils and staff and will be line managed by the Headteacher to work as part of a team ensuring the delivery of effective admin, financial and management information and staffing systems.
This role will be initially shared with Fairview School, then permanently at Bertha Park High School.
- To assist, advise and participate as a full member of the senior leadership team to develop policy and strategy
- To ensure the continuous improvement of a comprehensive admin, financial, information management and staffing service within the establishment
- To ensure provision for developing relevant staff (including employee review and development)
- To lead a team of staff to ensure the provision of high quality, integrated services
- To liaise closely with appropriate school, authority and other managers and staff
In the first few years, we will be a school of modest numbers, so everyone on the team will work collegiately and be ready to do whatever it takes to provide the experiences our young people deserve. This post will doubtlessly be a challenging task, but for the right person it will be a rare opportunity to lead on something exciting and completely unique. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
The Business Manager will join a Senior Leadership Team of just two others: Head Teacher and Depute Head Teacher. As the school grows year-on-year, the number of Depute Head Teachers will rise accordingly. Whilst the school will eventually house 1,100 pupils, it will open in August 2019 with only 200 S1 and S2 learners.
Qualifications required: a degree or equivalent in Personnel, Administrative IT, Finance or Property Management related subject.
You'll find further detail and application procedures on MyJobScotland