A message from the parents:
The Parent Angle is open to all parents and, like most parent groups, will exist to focus on any supporting the school and addressing any issues, concerns and priorities of the parents.
We want to help celebrate success and promote the good we will do as a new school in the community.
The Parent Angle will meet once a term, where Teachers, the Head and Deputy Head may also attend.
The first meeting of the Bertha Park Parent Focus Group took place at the start of December 2017, where ten volunteer parents from directly affected schools and other parents with children living in the Bertha Park catchment were brought together to represent their individual school communities and views.
Agendas & Minutes of Meetings from August 2019
Archived Minutes of meetings before August 2019
- Parent Focus Group Minute 30/05/2019
- Parent Focus Group Minute 25/04/2019
- Parent Focus Group Minute 07/03/2019
- Parent Focus Group Minute 31/01/2019
- Parent Focus Group Minute 22/11/2018
- Parent Focus Group Minute 06/09/2018
- Parent Focus Group Minute 31/05/2018
- Parent Focus Group Minute 22/02/2018
- Parent Focus Group Minute 14/12/2017
Dates of meetings session 2018/19
For meeting dates, check our online calendar.
The remit of the Bertha Park High School Parent Focus Group will be to discuss issues relating to:
- The progress of the Bertha Park High School build and enhanced transition arrangements during this time
- Consultation on the new school structures, policies and policy requirements
- Business issues
- The format and content of meetings to be held with parents during the project
Roles / responsibilities
The role of each parent on the focus group is to:
- Represent the wider parent council membership
- Provide feedback to and from the meetings
- Encourage parental involvement and engagement within each of the communities